- CBCS is short form of Choice Based Credit System, a new system of UG and PG level studies introduced by the UGC.
- The Sanskrit College and University is among the first higher-education institutions in the state of West Bengal to introduce the CBCS.
- At the UG level, in The Sanskrit College and University, there is no Pass or General Courses under the CBCS but only Honours Courses. At the time of admission students will thus have to mention the Honours subject of their choice.
- After having taken admission to various Honours Courses under CBCS, the students will have the choice of opting for various categories of Elective Courses from the list of such Courses offered by the different departments. This process of opting will take place when classes start for 1st Semester. Some courses, however, will be compulsory for students.
- The Sanskrit College and University will conduct an orientation meeting about CBCS for all admitted students before 1st Semester classes begin.
- Students and guardians are requested to carefully go through the Syllabi for the various subjects given in the University website.
Under Graduate Courses
- SHASTRI ADVAITA VEDANTA
- SHASTRI PANINI
- SHASTRI SAHITYA